Shell and Solid Element Results Plot

Victor, can we add an option to view both the shell and solid element results plots for model with both shell and solid elements in one model? Currently, we can only view results of either shell elements only or solid elements only while the others are black out.

Comments

• I'm working towards that as part of a bigger redesign for the postprocessor but it probably won't be ready for version 4.

Can you explain your use case? I see it as inconvenient having to check 2 or 3 different stress plots as well as the outline tree being too cluttered. Is it more than that though?
  • For shell elements, since the result plots already shown for all surfaces regardless if we choose results from upper or bottom surfaces on the outline tree. To me, I think grouping all of them to one von Mises or deflections and plot them as a whole picture would be nice. Some people may be interested in midsurface results but I haven't seen a need for them yet. Another workaround could be an option to choose what results to be included in the outline tree.