Sharing Mecway results with non-Mecway users

Hi Guys

Not specifically a Mecway question, however I may be developing a FEA model for a company which does not have the capability to develop proper FEA models. The FEA is for a structure where the client will then do their own deign on the structural elements based on the FEA results (rebar requirements and so forth)

Is there anyway for me to develop the FEA model on Mecway, run the analysis and thereafter share the results with them on an open source platform?

Comments

• You could open your CCX results (.frd extension) with FreeCAD, and then export as STL, even in deformated state. Now I don´t remember well if is FreeCAD, Salome or Paraview, but is possible, I have even 3d printed with stress colors a deformated model of a rubber part.
  • edited April 2022
    You can save and share your .liml file with the results directly in MECWAY free version as viewer. As far as they don't run the model, the results could be explored.
    I have tested on my old laptop where the licence is not installed anymore, and it works.
    I can open and see the results of computed models bigger than 1000 nodes.

Another thing is the convenience of this option. This way you would expose all the configuration details which sometimes may open the door to comments, questions, different points of views on “how it should be done” or expose weak points of the software itself. Let's not mention the option of losing future projects as you show how to do it. Sometimes less is more.

That's up to you.

EDIT. OOh. I just Notice you just could share the frd. It has just the results and could be opened in the free version. Victor should confirm if there is any licence concern with this options. (I have not read the Mecway Licence agreement sorry)

• Maybe you could solve your problem, make a copy of the file and then remove all the bc if you don't want to share how you did it.
  • The (ever)upcoming version 15 of Mecway will be able to export solutions to Paraview .pvd + .vtu format.

I agree with disla that the free version can be used as a viewer.
  • Will Paraview in this context work with Windows?
  • Thanks for all the comments and assistance!

@Victor the Paraview export sounds really amazing. You really have provided an amazing piece of software.
  • You could open your CCX results (.frd extension) with PrePoMax. It is free and has a very nice post processing for calculix.
    RPP