How to implement pin or bearing load formula

Hi, asking for example or suggestion how to implement pin (bearing) load as formula for traction (or pressure) on 3D hole surface. This way I do not have to model the pin always.

Comments

• Here's an example of normal pressure due to a force in the X direction following the function
    P = 123 Pa * cos(θ)
    where
    θ = atan2(y, x)

For other directions, add the angle to the angle obtained from atan2().

• Hi StefanH,

The theoretical framework that covers the equivalent area and contact pressure between two parabolic bodies is the Hertz contact theory ( in your case Cylindrical contact).

There is an analytical solution under the assumptions of small strain and homogeneous material.

If you know direction and force in advance , the contact can be reduced to a pressure on a limited radio.
    There are several online calculators. I'm normally using the free one from CTICM (they also have some other nice free utilities)

https://www.cticm.com/logiciel/hertz/
  • You could also introduce rotating loads applying the polar rotation matrix to the equivalent periodic load.

x'=x*cos(2*pi()*t)-y*sin(2*pi()*t)
    y'=x*sin(2*pi()*t)+y*cos(2*pi()*t)

Find attached example with 13 pinions. Time would drive the number of rotations.

I don’t see too much use to this now as it is a really a strong simplification and as soon as the object leaves the origin the Atan2 formula will not provide symmetric load.
    Anyway, it could help or give you some idea on how to simplify more complex systems.
    The full revolution in less than 4 min.
  • Thanks for the advice!
  • I have updated the file below 1.000 nodes just in case someone is giving a try to MECWAY in the free version. Accuracy decreases but it is just to show the idea.
    Run is less than 1 min. It requieres ccx ver2.18