*DISTRIBUTING COUPLING

Hi Victor,

¿Could you please help me to correctly understand *Distributing Coupling?
Mostly sure it's me doing something wrong but I’m not obtaining the expected response.

ccx.2.19 manual says : "This option is used to apply translational loading force or displacement on a set of nodes in a global sense".

Displacements is sometimes not responding as in the file “Distributing displacement not responding.liml”. In “Distributing.liml” it responds.
Regarding the importance of the proper location of the node at the Centroid the file “Distributing.liml” shows the moment arm generated when the REF node is offset.

Comments

• I have just notice that displacement is not working eigther in Distributing.liml
    The deformation shown is due to the self weight.
    ¿Is the *BOUNDARY card allowed for node-Surface distributing coupling ?

It is shown in the manual but seems can not be applied here.

*DISTRIBUTING COUPLING
    Keyword type: model definition
    This option is used to apply translational loading (force or displacement)
  • Distributing displacement not responding.liml works for me with CCX 2.17 and the offset loads in Distributing.liml don't seem to cause any moments. The displacement also works there. Maybe this is that issue of the latest version of CCX not being compatible with Mecway. I'll look into that later.

• It might be related with the difference between :

*DISTRIBUTING COUPLING (force or displacement)

and

*COUPLING
    *DISTRIBUTING (*DISTRIBUTING preceded by a *COUPLING ).

No kinematic relations are created between the reference node and the coupling surface, so applying displacement constraints in the reference node has no effect ccx v2.19 Manual).
  • Oh, sorry, I didn't notice you were talking about *DISTRIBUTING COUPLING. Yea, they're certainly different. I found something was strange about that and never really used it.

Doesn't explain why it won't solve properly for you though.