Any way to select all surfaces?

When viewing the model geometry, I can select multiple surfaces by holding Ctrl and clicking on individual surfaces. If I want to select all of the model's surfaces, is there a better way?

Mecway 13.1, Windows 10

Thanks,
Don C.

Comments

• Select all nodes, then click the surface icon in the top of the viewport.

This can be useful for creating a complex surface set.
    For example, if you had a threaded screw, and wanted to select just the threads, you might:

- Select all nodes, get the attached surfaces as described above, create a Named Selection.

- Select head surfaces (usually bigger easy-to-select with your clicking method), then right-click your Named Selection and Remove Faces

You now have just the threads. Using sets with boolean operations is a great way to get a complex surface without lots of clicking.
  • John M --

I understand your method. However, why "Select all nodes, then click the surface icon in the top of the viewport."? Couldn't you first just click the surface icon in the top of the viewport and then Ctrl+A (or "\Edit\Select all") to select all surfaces without the intervening node selection?
  • The method you describe will select all faces in the currently selected model. If that's what you are looking to do, then yes, that is the easiest. But if you are trying to select surfaces on one part out of several in the currently selected model, use the method above.
  • edited January 2022
    1-Select one surface
    2-Invert selection.(Edit menu)
    3-Select the only missing surface (first selected one)

Edit: Didn't see your updated responses. Select all after one surface selection is faster .Yep !!