Interesting new tech on the horizon

Saw this and thought it might interest you guys;

Looks promising.

Comments

• Also, many years ago, I posted on this forum about csimsoft bolt. That has been moved into Coreform Cubit. It's the Sculpt application within Sandia Cubit and Coreform Cubit. I haven't personally used it but it seems similar to the above. I'm also not sure if there are differences between the Sandia and Coreform versions. So that's a bit confusing. One thing about Cubit is the manual seems to indicate the program would take a lot of time to get proficient at. Certainly doesn't look as easy to use as Netgen and Mecway are. I could be wrong though. The IGA tech of Coreform is also another interesting concept.

https://coreform.com/products/coreform-cubit/
  • I've been trying out Cubit (the free version) for a while now (I posted about it a while ago but no one responded). It is the best tool I've found so far for hex meshing. I would judge it a bit less complicated to learn than Salome Meca to use. I've been able to generate hex meshes and export them to Mecway and run analysis. I don't see this Sculpt command you reference, but the quick mesh capability is perhaps it...not sure.
  • thanks for the user experience information. i'll look for your old post too.