How to export selected nodal results to a spreadsheet?

After I select certain nodes, I want to export particular results (e.g., Z displacements) to a spreadsheet. It seems that Mecway's Table allows entire surfaces to be selected but I only want the output from selected nodes.

I have included a model. The image shows a selected row of nodes (frequency mode 6).

Thanks,
Don C.

Comments

• You can define group of nodes (named selection) before solving, and then in the table result window select the results that you want only in your node group.

Regards
  • Sergio --

Thanks, this works. However, I'm having a problem with box selecting the nodes. First I go to XZ-front view, then box-select just the nodes at the upper left corner. This works fine if the mesh was generated without "Fit midside nodes to geometry." However, if I generate the mesh with "Fit midside nodes to geometry" then box-select yields only a single node. In this case I have tried mouse-dragging from right-to-left, left-to-right, top-to-bottom, and bottom-to-top --> always just one node is selected.

(I realize that "Fit midside nodes to geometry" isn't needed for this simple test model. However, I generally use this condition for more complex models.)
  • Also, Ctrl+mouse and Shift+mouse.
  • Normally for selecting nodes, I hide the element faces, then with box selection the hided nodes (those aligned with one in front) are selected all at once.