Improvement for next versions of Mecway

I Victor,
Maybe for the next version it can be included the possibility to manage modal -spectral analysis.
It could be very usefull for steelworks frame earthquake analysis in accordance with the Eurocode 8 standard.

Regards.

Comments

• Sorry, for this post, i've read the Mecway user guide for sure it can be done with the dynamic response analysis.

Regards
  • It would be nice to be able to add labels to the computed solutions so it can be easily seen what they refer to. See below.

• Another help would be to be able to import a step file with multiple bodies (assembly) and have each of those bodies created in the Mecway design tree. As it is I have to import many individual files each with only one body.
  • Also the ability to handle laminates like carbon fiber layups. I know this might be a reach but it would be great to have.
  • The next version (25) will probably have support for Alibre Design/Atom3D assemblies where each part becomes a separate component in Mecway. Not for general STEP files but I hope to find a way to achieve that because assemblies are quite important.
  • @protontim

Mecway has had the capability to do composite layups for quite some time.
  • @Victor , Alibre assembly support will be a great advance. Will use native or step files created by the application?
  • STEP
  • edited May 9
    protontim: It would be nice to be able to add labels to the computed solutions so it can be easily seen what they refer to. See below.

+1 to this! :)
  • I prefer if feature requests go in Github https://github.com/victorkemp/Mecway/issues so they don't get lost and other people can upvote them (thumbs up reaction).
  • I found that if you change the size of the table window, the message "More info" does not change its position, so it can be aout of view.

• Victor, you should put the link to Github somewere visible in the frum or website because whern we have a feature suggestion we don't remember the Github link.
  • Honestly, I'm not a fan of github and don't want to create an account there just to suggest stuff. It would be better to do it some other way, in my opinion. A way that doesn't require us to create more accounts.
  • Good points @German and @prop_design. Sometimes I copy requests onto Github myself.

That's an embarrassing mistake with the more info label!