Mecway on Linux

2»

Comments

• This works well for me too. The only issue I have is that the product key needs to be entered every time I start Mecway
  • @harryvanlangen It sounds like Wine might not be storing or reading any of the settings which Mecway keeps in user.config that on Windows is usually in %localappdata%/Mecway_Limited. I don't know if that gives you anything to go on.
  • I found the file. No sign of the product key in there. Can I simply paste it somewhere?
  • Yes, like this between and :
                <setting name="ProductKeyType1" serializeAs="String">
                    <value></value>
                </setting>
    anywhere at the same level as the other <setting> elements.
  • Great, thanks, that worked.
  • Cool. I wonder if you could check if other settings get saved properly? Maybe it's reading the file but not writing to it?
  • I was too early to celebrate. If I manually add the key to the config file it gets picked up during startup. However when I quit Mecway the key and related settings cards get deleted from the config file. The same applies to settings made in the program itself (e.g. path to gmsh.exe). So the strange thing is that wine reads and writes the config file, but not with updated settings.
  • I was wondering if there was any chance that MECWAY running in Ubuntu/Wine could evoke CalculiX running in the Ubuntu OS (not under Wine). And if it can't do that is there a computational penalty running CalculiX in Wine rather than in the native Ubuntu OS?