error: "The sum of offset and count is greater than the buffer length."

When viewing the results, the program frequently freezes and I see the error "The sum of offset and count is greater than the buffer length." in the pop-up window. What could be the reason for this?

Comments

• I'm not sure. It looks like a problem reading a file, maybe the solution data from CCX. Does it happens at the end of a CCX solve? Is there any other information in the error message? Also, is this Mecway version 14 and if CCX, what version of that?
  • edited December 2021
    All message is:
    "
    Error. Please save your work in a different file, close Mecway and report this to support@mecway.com

The sum of offset and count is greater than the buffer length.

Version 14.0
    System.ArgumentException
    w SlimDX.Utilities.CheckBounds
    w SlimDX.DataStream.WriteRange[T]
    w FieldVariableCollection.CreateTextures
    w FieldVariableCollection.RenderGraphicsContourPlot
    w FieldMacroBase.RenderGraphics
    w FieldMacroShellLayers.RenderGraphics
    w SolutionObjectCollection.RenderGraphics
    w ProjectClass.RenderGraphics
    w ViewPort.RefreshAll
    w ManagerCustomTreeNode.AfterSelect
    w frmMain.tvManager_AfterSelect
    w TreeView.OnAfterSelect
    w TreeView.TvnSelected
    w TreeView.WmNotify
    w TreeView.WndProc
    w NativeWindow.Callback
    "

I will send a database to support@mecway.com.
    btw. It is appear only if I turn "countur plot" in "option" at position Banded - Resolution:slow (best quality). At low resolution it is working ok.
  • Thanks for reporting this bug. It happens on big models with a high ratio of external to internal element faces because Mecway uses the total number of faces to estimate what texture resolution to use and it assumes that most of them will be invisible internal ones that don't contribute to the texture size. So it gets fooled by slender solids.

To avoid it, you'll have to turn down the contour plot resolution. I'll fix it for version 15 but that may just be a clearer warning or it may use a lower resolution automatically.