Stresses not showing

I did a run and everything converged and completed but the stresses aren't showing. I ran non-linear static-3d. It does show the deformed shape over time. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Comments

• Some possible reasons:

A ) If stress is listed in the outline tree but has no data, it may have failed to converge. In that case, it sometimes shows the final displacement without stress.

B ) If stress isn't shown in the outline tree, add it through Solution -> New Stress and strain -> ... and you may have to solve again to generate the data.

C ) You may be using a type of stress that's not available for any elements in the model. Eg. stress (components in global coordinates) on shell elements with the internal solver.
  • Thanks will check all those!!
  • edited November 2020
    Actually I found the issue. There was a weird spike in stresses near the end of the run that was 10x higher than the stresses at other times. As a result the auto-range of stresses was so high that the other stresses were barely showing up. By adjusting the range, everything showed up fine in the pertinent area.
    Thanks!