LCS simulation

Somewhere in the past it was possible to rotate oddly positioned nodes into one of the principle planes, apply the X, Y and Z forces and moments to them and then rotate them back into position. In the process the loads were transformed to keep their relative orientation.

Is something like this still possible or is there another easy way to do it?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• I don't remember that. Maybe for element orientations? One workaround though is to find two nodes that lie on a line in the direction you want, and use the tape measure on them. That gives the x,y,z components of their relative positions which you can copy and paste them into a load. you can also, use / and * operators to normalize and scale them.
  • Thanks Victor

What I remember is possibly out of the Lisa days and something similar to their "transformx, -y, -z. It appears that something like transform will do the trick for me.

I do not understand your workaround. Can you possibly expand on it or perhaps have an example?

Appreciated.
  • Like this attached picture. It's a bit of copying and pasting, but no calculating.

That happens to be a unit length edge with a unit load, but if the length shown by the tape measure is, say, 1.23 m and you want a force of magnitude 4.56 N, then instead of
    enter
    0.757442243688063 / 1.23 * 4.56