slow analysis

see attached file which has 3 configuration 2 of which have bonded contacts and compression only supports.
Does anyone know how to get this to solve much quicker.

Comments

• edited May 2019
    switch to the pardiso solver (intel mkl version is free). there is a thread about it here http://mecway.com/forum/discussion/750/propeller-hub/p1

it's much much faster
  • Also use CCX instead of the internal solver. It doesn't have compression-only support but you can make a big high-stiffness element to act as "ground" and use contact on it, which is often much faster than compression-only support.
  • oh my bad, i assumed he was already using the ccx solver. what i mentioned was the faster version of the ccx solver. you have to download it from the ccx website and also install the intel mkl. the link, i previously posted, explains the process.
  • I've not used ccx. Is it similar
  • edited May 2019
    download of mkl failed yesterday, got it now
  • edited May 2019
    yes it's pretty much the same. you gain speed, add some features, but lose some features too. for the most part, you can always use it. rarely do I use the internal solver now