Creating force actuator

Is there a way to create a force actuator between two nodes for Dynamic analysis? Is the only way to apply two equal but opposite time varying forces at each point?

Comments

• The only other way I can think of is *PRE-TENSION SECTION. See the CCX manual for details. It's fairly complicated to set up but it couples two nodes together and to a reference node such that if you apply a force do the reference node, it becomes two forces on the other two nodes which directed towards each other. So it works out the geometry for you and only requires you to specify the force once.
  • edited November 2018
    My solution was not what was needed sorry.
  • Victor and Disla
    Thank you.
  • I was thinking and maybe you could build two pushpins.
    Unit surface on the head and apply the same pressure BC to both surfaces at the same time.Pin could be a beam element.
  • Thats clever. Thanks Disla. I will experiment later.
  • Works well but I had problems with the shell element rotating on the beam element. I think this is because there is no drilling degree of freedom in this case. I put extra beam elements in to stop rotation
    Thanks Disla for the tip
  • Nice,

First time a see dynamic analysis in Mecway.
    Seems you can obtain the natural frequency of the system ¿Isn't it?

Found a second option which maybe is easier to implement.
    See attached file. Line pressure on the axis of a beam with unit length.
    Change the element orientation to change force direction as you need.
    You will be able to couple forces applied to nodes in any arbitrary direction.
    The load follow the node.

• This a great method Disla - thank you. You have reminded me that yet another way is to click "show element surface" and then add a pressure to the end of the element.
  • wow :D :D :D .That's pure brainstorming.
  • Disla
    Thanks for your help.

Brainstorming is great when it works isn't it!