incorrect stress results

Victor
please see attached, please can you advise why this analysis is giving correct displacement results but the stress results are incorrect.

Comments

• actually some deflections appear wrong, see attached
  • Here are the reasons I think. I only tested the stress at the X=0 edge which did get smoother with refinement.
  • Thanks
    I didn't spot the miss formed hex shapes what i did spot though that there where X displacement where you've indicated refinement. So I've assumed elastic stiffness is insufficient. So increased it and the black areas there disappear. I got the bonded contacts wrong, I thought master was supposed to be finer than slave. I'll swap and try again
  • when i swap the bonded contact between the plate and cylinder i get inconsistent support error. I presume this is due to two bond surfaces at 90 degrees sharing the nodes?
  • Probably, yes. A slave node can only belong to one bonded contact.
  • Something's quite strange about those two strips that are bending in the wrong direction. I isolated one of the offending parts but still can't work out what's going on. Refining the mesh does solve the problem, but so does changing the thickness of the plate, or the stiffness of the elastic support, even by a little bit. I'll come back to it later still.

I suspect the alternating stresses on the straight edge might be the same effect, not simply too coarse a mesh, even though refining improves it.