incompatible constraint on node

please can you advise what is wrong and how to fix it.

Comments

• You can track it down using Edit -> Select nodes by number and enter 3498. Then see if either:
    • There are conflicting constraints which aren't physically possible, such as displacement by two different distances in the same direction or
    • The node is part of both a bonded contact slave surface and any other displacement or rotation constraint.
    • It's part of a bonded contact master surface and a constraint that doesn't have all 3 directions constrained.
    In this case, it's the last option. Displacement Z shares nodes with bonded contact. You can work around it by using elastic support instead of displacement Z. Use a high modulus to make it almost rigid but not too many orders of magnitude higher than Young's modulus / thickness in case it causes numerical error.

• I've tried elastic restraints instead buy am still getting the same error.
    I've used 40Gpa/m for elastic
  • It turns out the Y displacement constraint on the adjacent nodes is what's causing it. That error message was really misleading, sorry. I replaced it with a 10 000 GPa/m elastic support on the whole bottom surface of the 50rsa2 component.

I've also put a new radial displacement formula in the solution.
  • victor
    what direction does an elastic support apply? Is it only normal to the face?
  • Yes, only normal.