Thermal contact resistance

I have a model with several metal and insulating parts, and I am interested in the heat flux through the assembly.

I have created the model using bonded contact and I have run it using both the Mecway and Calculix solvers, both results ok.

Now I wish to include the contact resistance between the components, is this possible directly from within Mecway?

My plan for a workaround is to write out a mechanical deck including CCX contact and then hand edit the deck to convert to a thermal job with *GAP CONDUCTANCE.

I will appreciate any guidance.

Comments

• That would pretty much be how to do it currently. Though, writing a mechanical .inp file might lead to a lot of manual changes being needed, so after adding the contact, you can change the analysis type back to thermal so it creates a thermal .inp file with the contact.

• Victor,

Thank you confirming the route for gap conductance.

What are your plans for enhancement of contact definitions in the next Mecway versions?

Tim

• I've added gap conductance to my list. Version 6 is nearly up to beta so probably no new features for that though. But it will have many of the common CCX pain points improved on.
  • Thank you Victor,

Looking forward to using V6