View results for individual components within assembly model - ccx contact results

Hi,
I have added the contact output requests using 'ccx custom step contents', that is very convenient, along with using the paint selection tool to create the contact pair.
*CONTACT FILE,FREQUENCY=1
CDIS,CSTR
The results read in and display just fine, now that I'm remembering to slide the time bar to the RH end.
The CPRESS results are stored at the slave nodes for the contact pair. I need to view the individual component that includes the slave nodes as the other component(s) will obscure the view on the CPRESS contour plot.
I have tried hiding individual mesh bodies but this does not affect the contour plots; am I missing an available view option?
Regards, Tim

Comments

• Have you defined each mesh as a separated component? As I can see in the picture of the other post, there is only one component defined.
  • Hi Sergio,
    The model was created as 4 mesh bodies (from 4 dxf layers via Automesh2d); three of which have had the interface nodes merged/equivalenced, therefore becoming one greater mesh body. The model then contains 2 discrete mesh bodies; in the attached image (open cracks mode) the green/blue/purple mesh regions are continuous, while the beige region on the left is separate. The slave contact surfaces/nodes are on the green/blue/purple mesh, therefore I need to hide the beige mesh body to allow a view on the CPRESS results.
    The model tree is visible on the left of the image; I don't find any means of hiding part of the results. The contact results are a whole model results set so I can't make output requests within ccx using NSETs.
    Tim
  • Great mesh and model Tim, I really like the estructured meshes and this looks very nice. Normally components are showed on the result tree as well, so you should be able to hide and show every one. Can you upload the model (without results) to see what can be the issue? In case of privacy concern please send me a private message.
  • Sergio,
    I'm working on making the .liml file small enough to send by PM. Can the ccx results be I purged from the .liml?
    Tim
  • Have you tried, in the outline tree:

Solution -> Components -> Right click Layer 4 -> Hide?

That should hide that component in a CCX solution in version 5.
  • Victor,
    Thank you for pointer to Right click -> Hide.

V5 is really working for me, I can now create solitary nodes with constraints for use in ccx *DISTRIBUTED COUPLING:
    ===========================
    'ccx custom model definition'
    *DISTRIBUTING COUPLING,ELSET=E1
    Nset-BoltHole01,1.0
    *ELSET,ELSET=E1
    *ELEMENT,TYPE=DCOUP3D
    *DISTRIBUTING COUPLING,ELSET=E2
    Nset-BoltHole02,1.0
    *ELSET,ELSET=E2
    *ELEMENT,TYPE=DCOUP3D