250 000 tet10 elements causing any issues?

Hi
Have just gotten mecway and am waiting for my license file # to arrive.

I have a 250 000 element model made from 10 node tets. It let me mesh but has frozen almost. Is this because I have slightly exceeded the 1300 node limit?

Apart from this, does anyone find that a 250 000 element model causes issues? I have 64 bit OS.

Cheers

Comments

• Hello barrti

There's no difference in capabilities between the two versions except for the node limit on saving and solving. That number of nodes will usually slow down the graphics. Depending on the complexity of the geometry (lots of exterior faces), it can be quite bad.

Version 4 will have significant graphics speedups for large models. I'll also send you a private message which may help to address the problem. If you find it's still too slow, you're welcome to make use of the money back guarantee.

• VMHVMH
    edited July 2015
    Victor, this is great news. One of my issues with Mecway is when the model has more than 100,000 nodes to 150,000 nodes, everything is very slow and lag. My computer graphic card may not be as strong (GeForce GT 540M 2GB).