Durability assesment with Mecway

Hi Victor et all!

Is there a way or planning in the future to incorporate some kind of durability (even simple) assesment in Mecway? Don't know if implement a full set of rainflow analysys and all stuff, but maybe just to allow to input some material durability coefficientes (or SN curves, or...) and then add a new variable to postprocess like damage or cycles.

Today I found this http://fatiguetoolbox.org/ didn't test yet

Regards!

Comments

• Probably not because of priorities. I suppose you can still do it using the FEA results by hand and/or with 3rd party calculators?

• It's an interesting project! I read how to prepare the input files. It's applicable to Calculix.

From frd file is possible to extrapolate the stress tensor. The problem is that you need a unitless preprocessor or N/mm because the stress accepted in FATLAB is MPa (N/mm2). Mecway transforms all input in N/m so the stress is Pa. (I had opened a post about this aspect some time ago). Maybe is possible to use Pa managing the load file (which is a spreadsheet)
    From inp file or from CGX typing "send all abq" is possible to have the nodes topology. From inp also the elements. For adding N and E before node numbers and element definition is possible import the text file into a spreadsheet as CSV. After that exporting as CSV. Elements type must be changed from Abaqus to the corresponding Ansys
    The load file is a spreadsheet and must be compiled following the instructions.

Obviously in case of many loads or nonlinear analysis to do it manually is heavy.