Simulate piezo patch transducer

Hello,

I'm a student doing a project report that involves accurately simulating a piezoelectric patch transducers response to vibrations. I have these patch transducers and i will do measurements on them but first i need to accurately simulate them.

They are supposed to be clamped on one end (cantilever mode) and subjected to vibrations of varying frequency and amplitudes, and i'm hoping to know what the output electrical energy will be, is this possible in Mecway? I have all the dimensions and material properties of the transducers available.

I'm pretty new to this FEA simulating so i thought i would just ask on this forum, does this sound feasible?

Regards

Comments

• Hello student

The piezoelectric capability of Mecway is currently only for static analysis, so it won't do vibrations yet. You might be able to approximate it by doing a dynamic response analysis with a non-piezoelectric material to find its response to vibrations, then load a static piezoelectric model to achieve the same deflection and observe the voltage produced. However, I suspect that might neglect some effects and is generally going to be time consuming to set up.

• Hello Victor, thank you for your reply, much appreciated.