S,E
*END STEP

Comments

• Can you attach the liml file?
  • edited October 2016
    I would use a single step with amplitude like:

*AMPLITUDE,NAME=AMP_1
    2,-0.333333333

unless you're planning to add more complicated differences between the steps like making one of them linear or different outputs, etc.

It could be a problem that the displacement is changing suddenly from -12 to 0 between the 1st and 2nd steps. It may need a gradual transition, like with

*AMPLITUDE,NAME=AMP_2
    0,-3

•  

Thanks Victor. Yes, the idea was to split the
    simulations in two steps and modify the friction and outputs from one step to
    the other. By doing the gradual transition that you recommended, the simulation
    is has converged. I’m currently analyzing the results. Good recommendation!

Hi Sergio, unfortunately I cannot upload the liml file
    since we are evaluating currently the patent filing for the analyzed geometry.
    Thanks a lot for your quick response.

• I understand the point, have signed several NDA and also working for a company that not allow us to share to much detailed information.

About the multiple steps simulations, I like also in that way, having different steps for every load rather than working with an stepped amplitud. But for easy models (like loading/unloading) using this stepped allow you to work within the Mecway and avoid the manual editions.

Regards
  • I'm curious what this type of analysis is
    is it an incremental displacement showing stresses gradually increasing then reducing ?
  • Sometimes I load and unload (but completly) the material (over the yield point) to see how much deformed the part left after the loading.

He says that will change the friction between steps, I'm tring to figurate a situation were this must be needed :-(