extra edges

Good Morning, I am new to Mecway and new to manual meshing, but making good progress. I have made a manual mesh and I seem to have extra edges. I made a meshed section and then I wanted to add a tiny groove so I added half an elipse. I deleted elements were I added the elipse and tried to use the auto mesh-2D to fill-in the elements. Then I refined the mesh, merged the nodes (.001) and deleted excess nodes. When I zoom in on the groove I see extra edges. Can I delete these edges? How?

Thanks for your help, jhc

Comments

• In some cases, you can select the longer edge and use Mesh tools -> Refine x2 to split it into two.

For edges where the ratio of number of elements isn't a power of 2, you could apply that to a subset of the elements and move the nodes around to line them up.

Some edges already have matching meshes, and you can just use Mesh tools -> Merge nearby nodes to join them. If this didn't work when you did it before, it might have been because some other nodes/etc were selected, in which case the merge only acts on the selection, not the whole model.

In case you're going to extrude this into a solid model, you could leave the disconnected edges and connect the incompatible faces with Bonded contact.
  • Thank you Victor. I appreciate your help. I will learn both approaches. jhc