Error indicators

Is it possible to include in a future version some error indicators for a field variable like:

error (element value) = Abs(field variable element value - field variable node value)
error (node value) = RMS(error element value of all elements with the node)

It may be usefull to calculate mesh refinement criteria.

Comments

• There are two error estimators on CCX solver (see manual) but one of them considers stress difference between the integration points and the nodes (gradient estimator) the second defines an "improved stress" still based on stress at the integration points.

Personally I think that is more important to check stress convergence. Obviously error estimators could help to locate where is necessary to refine mesh but on most of cases zone of stress concentrations are easily identifiable because depends from the geomtry of the model
  • With the next version, I'm reworking the postprocessing to make field variables optional so that adding more like this, and hopefully user-defined ones too, will be easier. So far, I have been reluctant to add things like this with niche applicability because it'll impact the size of everyone's solution data.
  • User calculated resuls sounds great. I use it in Nastran computing first individual unit load cases and then combining the results to create multiaxial loading. Could it be that some crude damage be calculated maybe?

Regards
  • By the way, if you are working in make optional the field variables (NODE FILE and EL FILE cards in CCX), could you add the NODE PRINT card available in the GUI directly also?
  • I won't add *NODE PRINT unless/until Mecway can ready the .dat file it produces.
  • Andrea,

thank you for your answer.
    CCX error indicators are just what I wanted.
    I tryed it in mecway usong Custom step content and tables to get values in excel and do calculations.
  • Using CGX as post processor you will have also vMises and principal stresses for ZZS improved stress. Mecway shows only the stress tensor