Version 7.0 released

Mecway 7 is available at the link below. All licenses that include version 5 or 6 are also valid for version 7. That is everyone who bought it after 2015-11-15. Just re-enter your product key to activate it.

General
Moment loads can be applied to faces (solids and shell 2D faces) even for elements without rotational DOF.
Direction of displacement constraints can be a function of position to allow cylindrical and other coordinate systems.
Opens .unv mesh files
New units - Gal (cm/s^2) and mm^2/N (1/MPa)
Stress linearization - stress classification line doesn’t have to pass through nodes and settings are saved with the model
Pressure XYZ (traction) can be a function of position.
Load cases replaced by configurations:
Load cases Configurations
Only 7 types of load All loads and constraints
Only static analysis type All analysis types
Only internal solver Both the internal and CCX solvers
A load can only be in one load case A load can be in multiple configurations
Solved simultaneously Solved one at a time
Table can include multiple load cases Table only shows the active configuration’s data
Factor of safety with Von Mises failure criterion for shell elements
Multiple gravity loads can coexist.
Multiple sets of node temperatures are allowed and can be suppressed independently.
Labs feature: Direct force per unit length and shear force per unit length outputs for shells
Write solution to .liml file includes the modeler model
Can read *BEAM GENERAL SECTION from CalculiX .inp files
Fixed bugs 9 and 10 about hydrostatic and position-dependent pressure on thick shell faces

CalculiX solver
Includes 64 bit CCX 2.11
Pressure XYZ (traction) for linear analysis
Pressure can be a function of position for linear analysis
Multiple time dependent force loads on the same node
Convection (*FILM)
Node temperature for thermal stress
Pyramid element faces for pressure, convection, and surfaces
Time dependent formulas in loads are evaluated at automatically chosen time points.

Meshing tools
Gmsh mesher (not included) for STEP files
Change shape option quad8 → 2 x tri6
Refine x2 refines line elements independently of their adjacent elements if they’re not fully connected to them.
Merge nearby nodes with a zero tolerance merges exactly coincident nodes.

UI
Local refinement spheres are shown graphically
Contour plot of values can have different colors for above and below the range
Edge detecting selection is more reasonable with curved quadratic element faces

Comments

• has the MT-version of SPOOLES  been compiled?

I've 1cpu for spooles again, and I wrote all possible enviroment variables

• There is no MT-version on the final release. I have recovered from the beta 3 and selected in the Options/Calculix window. Maybe there are some mistakes present so the author has decided not to include.

By the way, why exist an option to select an CCX input file editor as well? I don't remember if there is an option to edit using an exernal editor.
  • Yea, I removed the MT version because of the buckling error that Andrea found.

The .inp file editor is for viewing the generated file when you press the ".inp file" button on the solver panel. It won't automatically use any edits you make but you could save and solve it separately though.

• edited April 2017
    I use Scite as a editor. This editor prepared by J. Baylor has the integration with CCX and CGX. So you can launch the pre-solver-post directly from the text editor
  • Hi. I have been too spoiled by using high end systems for to long.
    How do i proceed to convert displacement constraints to a function of position to allow cylindrical and other coordinate systems. This would be very helpful to have a tutorial on.
    Also is it possible to use the same functionality to define element local coordinate systems in order to define anisotropic materials to materials?
  • You can enter a formula in each of the boxes for the direction of the displacement. For example, the X, Y, Z components being x, y, 0 respectively defines a radial displacement direction as in the attachment.

It's not yet possible to use formulas for the element coordinate systems but I hope to add this soon.