multi-element beam with pinned ends

Hello,

I am working on setting up a truss frame model.  The model consists of beam elements only.

I want some of the beams to have "welded" connections, which is the beam element default, and I want some members to have pinned joints.  I know about using the "truss" checkbox in beam elements to make pinned ends on a single beam element.  This works fine if I join the connection points of my truss members by one single element.  If I subdivide the element, each element then gets pinned ends, which acts like a piece of rope then.

Is there a way to make one end of the pinned, and the other fixed?

Thank you. 

Comments

• This is what flexible joint on beam under Loads & Constraints is for. It can be a bit tricky to select the beam end faces it uses, so here's an extract from the next version's manual showing how.

• Thank you Victor.  That is most helpful.

In order to select the face of some of the beam elements that were located at nodes with many intersecting beams, I found it easier to put the "pinned" beams on a separate component, so I can hide everything else and freely access the elements of interest.

Thanks again.