Min and Max tags

Hi,

Would it be possible to have icons that you could click in the tool bar that would place a min or max tag on the results plots. One button for min and one for max. Similar to ANSYS Workbench.

Comments

• I've considered this but what worries me is that the maximum is almost always a stress concentration which isn't really what's interesting or correct. So then it would need another "2nd highest maximum" flag as well. Come to think of it, perhaps it could indicate every local maximum and minimum instead of just the global ones?
  • lol yes I recall this now. but people often use the max off the legend. so this is just pointing to where the legend max is. I think to your issue is the legend needs to be adjusted a little to remove the bc stress. which is a good point. I wonder if this could all be automated. have the program ignore the bc stress. and just have the max an min tags show whatever the legend shows. that is all i'm really requesting. i'm not challenging the validity of the legend, but you bring up a good point.
  • Maybe a usefull option would be the possibility of move and keep several tags as you go picking nodes. In such way one as analyst could select the right node to shoe the value.
  • good point sergio, ansys workbench has that too. as well as the min and max.
  • At the end those tags are the best for showing the results to the client, there is nothing more clear. Actual tags are very usefull for the analyst, but for showing to the client maybe a more simple (only the postprocess value with unity) tags is more convenient, and also adding a leader line and being "permanent" in some way (actuals tags goes aways with the movement of the part).

So maybe three buttons can be created ont Mecway, one for the crude max/min of the part, and one for manually create a tag on selected node. The last for removing the tags :-)
  • Just as the new user, have this function for local max and min more useful