Delete point constrains, rot constrain, buckling 3D with frames

edited February 2014
How can I delete 1,2,... point constrains?
I don't want delete the constrain group at the tree

How can I do a rot(x,y,x) constrain? no a fixed point in all the axes, I want fix rot only an axle

In the features table says that the software can do buckling analisis 3D with beams, ¿frames?, I couldn't do it, for me it was possible only with truss

Comments

• it doesn't say that it's possible buckling with beams in 3D, sorry
  • Hello jvrajadell

*Removing constraints*
    I hope I understand you correctly. If you have a constraint applied to many nodes, and want to remove it from some of them:
    1. Select the nodes in the graphics area
    2. Right click the constraint in the outline tree and choose "remove nodes".
    If the constraint is applied to a named selection, then do the same to the named selection instead.

*Fixed rotation*
    To fix rotation angle to 0 degrees about one axis (in v1.0):
    1) Change analysis type to Static 3D
    2) Select the nodes
    3) Add a "node rotation" in the same way as other constraints.
    4) Change back to Buckling 3D and ignore the error message "This load or constraint cannot be used in this analysis type".

This complicated process is because of a bug where it doesn't show the node rotation as being available for Buckling 3D even though it really is. Sorry for that inconvenience.

*3D beams*
    You may be able to simulate a 3D beam using shell elements. That's the closest it comes sorry.