CCX .frd unable to ope in Mecway

CCX generated a .frd file so I tried to open it in mecway but it showed .I am attaching the files.

Comments

• Sorry for incomplete question.The error message shown by mecway was "BINARY FORMAT NODES CONNECTED NOT SUPPORTED:Line 13"
  • Maybe it depends from the format of frd file that's completely binary. See CCX manual: *Node print - *node output and paragraph "Output variables"
  • Hey @Andrea This is the .frd file can you walk me through the process y make this .frd file compatible with Mecway.
  • Try to change *Contact OUTPUT with *Contact FILE.
    I ran the solver and Mecway opens the frd file but is very slow.
    With CGX the solution on the attached picture

Regards
  • edited January 2018
    x
  • Hey @Andrea. I opened it in mecway. thanks to you . There are three components in my geometry, I want to extract the value of stress thats enclosed inside the two other geometry but I cant get a sectional view or an option to remove other solids so that I can extract the result. @Victor can you shed some thoughts into it too
  • The cutting plane slider on the right of the toolbar hides foreground elements. That's OK if your surface is flat but would need several adjustments to see all over a curved surface.

If you use Mecway as the preprocessor then it carries components through to the solution so you can hide them individually.
  • You can hide/unhide components of the assembly in CGX directly, you must open the .frd and .inp files from the command line. Check the CGX documentation or look in the CCX Yahoo list, I remember that this question was answered there.