Mecway FEA Test Examples

VMHVMH
edited July 2015
CalculiX: Files from http://www.dhondt.de/
Download at http://sourceforge.net/projects/calculixforwin/

Mecway FEA Trapezoidal Cantilever With Openings Test:

Comments

• For what it's worth, you may be better off posting examples of something that doesn't match. I've run a lot of comparison's between ANSYS and Mecway. Mecway has always been spot on. Never found a case that didn't match. Hower, Mecway does not yet include Coriolis or Gyroscopic effects, so that would obviously not match.

Currently, ANSYS is better suited to assemblies, contact, and large models. Assemblies, contact, and large models (100k nodes +) are things that do need some improvement in Mecway. For single parts, of small to medium size, Mecway is an unbeatable value and very accurate.

The above comments apply to Mecway v3 and ANSYS Mechanical v15 and v16. Price wise, there is no comparison, Mecway is the clear winner there. Especially if you are retired.
  • VMHVMH
    edited July 2015
    prop_design, thanks for your comments. There may be some who do not have access to Ansys like me to do test on Mecway to see the comparisons that why I posted it (referenced to Ansys PDF results). It's good to know that you did many tests and they all come out spot on.
  • No problem VMH.

I should have mentioned there is another important difference between ANSYS and Mecway. You can automatically do hex dominant meshes in ANSYS. So in your assembly you can have parts with drastically different meshes. This is good for hard to mesh geometry. It's hard to list all the differences, but I tell people that if Mecway can do it, it is much more enjoyable and cost effective to use Mecway. If Mecway can't do it, then ANSYS is a good choice (compared to other commercial FEA software).

Since I am new to Mecway, and trying to transition over to it, I have been relying on comparisons to ANSYS. This is to ensure I haven't screwed up in Mecway. Just doing some ol' cma.

Just thought my experience with Mecway may be useful to current and potential Mecway users.