Failure criterion - CCX versus internal solver

New Mecway user, here.

Is it possible to have the CCX solver ignore the material failure criterion (von Mises, etc.) and the associated stress value when switching back and forth between the internal solver and the CCX solver?

It is a pain in a specific anatomical region that I am compelled to switch the failure criterion to "None" (and lose the entered stress value) when toggling to the CCX solver. When I switch back, I need to alter (all of) my materials properties back to von Mises and enter the stress values.

If the Mecway to CCX magic happening behind the scenes could just default to the "None" setting equivalent in the CCX input file, I wouldn't need to fiddle with this - effectively, just ignore the failure criterion for the CCX solver, since it can't (apparently) make use of it, anyway, and leave my materials definitions unmolested.

Thoughts, anyone?

Rusticus

Comments

• In this case, you can ignore the error message and leave the von Mises failure criterion active for the CCX solver. The error message is just trying to warn you that it won't be used. I see now that it should be more clear that it's simply going to be ignored, not cause any problem. Thanks for bringing this up.

• Victor -

Ah, thanks for clarifying. I was worried when the font for my materials turned red in the tree view, and I interpreted the "What's wrong?" message to mean I should remove the failure criterion. My misunderstanding.

Thanks again.

Rusticus