Concrete slab

Dear All,
I'm not quite experienced with Mecway. So i would like to ask some advice to model an rc slab supported by columns. My question is rather general at that moment. I know how i can create shell elements but i'm confused about rebars. How the rebars can be considered inside the modelled shell element. Maybe some combined material properties? I don't know. i assume to build a complete detailed model with all the rebars plus the concrete around them would cause infinite simulation. If any of you had a previous simple input file that could be a great help to understand it
Thank you for your help,

Csaba

Comments

• There's no special material for reinforced concrete. You might be able to simulate it using a laminate. I don't know how you'd convert rebar to an equivalent stack of orthotropic materials though, or even if it's possible in general.
  • Thanks Victor,
    It seems that it makes sense. In the meantime, I have read a few article in this topic. The most typical approach, in general FEA, to use a shell element for the slab with rebar layers. I assume that would be the same that you mentioned with laminates in Mecway.