Support for Newton milimeters units

Hi, is possible to add support for exporting the model in CalculiX format (.inp), but using milimeters as unit? Now what I do is scale the mesh prior to export, but being able to do it as an option during export would be nice.

Same as for importing .frd files

Regards

Comments

• I agree it would be nice. The trouble is all the other data besides the mesh would have to be made consistent, and that's more of a challenge. Perhaps an extra "mesh only and choose the units" version of .inp export?
  • I don't know if will be more simple but an option to work unitless?
  • Victor, that option "mesh only and choose units" will be perfect, because most of time that (at least me) I do it is for continuing writting my own cards separately. I'm constantly adding those "Don't generate keywords" entries in my models.

Regards
  • You can implicitly make it behave unitless by leaving all unit settings at the defaults for a new file, which is the mks system. Then you can imagine that meter means mm, etc. and the same numerical values will be used for .inp and .frd files.

In my opinion, the world would be a better place if all CAE software stored units in the file instead of in your head. Unfortunately we still have to grapple with a mixture so interop is even harder than uniformly having no units.