elastic support with zero values for tension

currently MW only use ideal condition for compression only support, it's act like rigid contact with infinite stiff support. it'll be useful to preliminary studying contact before conduct complex nonlinear analysis.

for Shell element output, there's another features were I didn't found are shear force per units in plane of length, just explore the new versions under Lab Tools. seem still not working properly as LISA does

Comments

• Once you have an elastic contact, it's already pretty much a complex nonlinear analysis, so I'd say, just use that directly.

Shell shear force per length is enabled by Tools -> Labs -> Output extra shell stresses. However, the values are sometimes quite wrong so you have to interpret them carefully, often by averaging neighboring nodes. That's the reason it's in the Labs menu instead of on by default. LISA 8 has the same problem.
  • afaik, elastic contact is nonlinear case too but less complicated than body contact w/o friction.

okey - I'll stuck with rigid contact for preliminary analysis, still usable to quick study behavior of contact conditions.