Volume integral

edited May 2017
Is it possible to activate computation of volume integral related to applied forces after meshing and before launch the solver?
It is useful if one works with balanced loads

Comments

• Maybe is something related, there is a feature to compute the volume of the mesh, can be added also the weight if the density/thickness is loaded on the material?

Regards
  • Could be useful also to separate integral extended to all volume mesh between nodal forces and acceleration forces and separates them  for each load case.
    Now volume integral function takes data form frd file

Other question: I saw that Mway by default doesn't generate dat file (*EL PRINT) but if one adds ERR to *EL FILE permits to show errors (absolute or relative respect the stress at the integration points). Where catch the stress at the integration points if there isn't the dat file?

• Can you clarify what you mean about separating the integral for node and acceleration forces? Do you mean the "reactions" due to inertia in a dynamic analysis? I'm not sure if there's enough data in the .frd file to identify which is which, if it includes them at all.

I'm also not sure what you mean about volume integral for applied forces. Is there a way you can get them to the output for a simple 1-step solve - perhaps external forces (RF) from CCX?

You should be able to add *EL PRINT in CCX -> custom step contents to generate a .dat file.

Sergio: Good idea. Added to my list.
  • Obviuosly reaction forces are excluded because force summation must be extended to the mesh nodes.
    I called it "volume integral" because in Mecway has this name but is simply a summation of nodal values when is applied to "forc".

Actual volume integral function (or simply summation if applied to forc) works with frd. Same strategies working with inp. subdividing the sum of nodal forces  for each loads and for load case.

Example
    Case 1  Load: Force F1
    Nodal summation:  1000 1000 1000

Case: 1 - Load: force2
    Nodal summation:  5000 0 500

I hope that's clear. I created confusion because I called it Volume integral...is better "nodal value summation". But rigorously also volume integral of stress xx for example is a summation (sum (stress * element volume)).
    The model is not a continuos

I made confusion with other preprocessor about acceleration forces (example gravity) because Macway use *DLOAD instead nodal forces. Using nodal forces is possible to compute also total acceleration forces before solving the model.

About err the problem is not how to generate the dat file ....I will post on CCX forum because is discepancy of Calculix

• I think I understand now. Sum of applied forces? Not currently. I think you'd have to solve it then use the table to select the loaded face and element selections and copy them to a spreadsheet to sum. Or maybe use CGX for that.