ccx 2.12

Hello fellow crunchers,

please find version 2.12 of calculix crunchix (ccx) ready for download:

please note, there is an unoptimized version as well to check for the recent bugs found for buckling which might be associated to compiler optimization.

regards

Comments

• maybe a small addition for the ones compiling as well:

non-opt: spooles, arpack and  ccx are compiled with -O0
    opt: spooles, arpack and ccx are compiled with "-O2 -mtune=native -march=native"
  • edited April 2017
    OK!
    Some time ago I found another issue on all CCX versions compiled for Win. Also the latest.
    This issues is relative to a combination of Rigid Body and Equation cards. In this case the solver, under Win, crash. Under Linux is all OK!
    The problem occurs also for linear static
    Watch video!

• LIML file

Regards
  • thanks andrea, I will dig into this on the next weekend ... I assume this will require some more time ;)
  • kwip,

I have some issues with some of your executables. CCX 2.10 and 2.12 MTNO work without any issue, but 2.11 and 2.12 MT crash immediately upon startup. I only get a generic Windows pop-up that the program has stopped working, with no more information. DO you have any idea what might be causing that?

thanks!
    Simon
  • I have to admit I compiled them as usual without testing them afterwards. I will do these checks on the next weekend providing updated executables if required. Sorry for any inconvenience.
  • I could not wait and did some quick tests. On my windows 10 machine everything runs well.
    Simon, which  kind of system do you use? My binaries are intended for 64bit only. Which processor type do you use? Maybe my "-mtune=native" breaks the binary for you ... I'm running a i7-6820HK.
  • If can help you this version of CCX runs:

http://www.calculixforwin.com/

Regards

• There are no incovenience at all, I was just testing the new version. I am running a i7-4820k, 64GB RAM, win10 64bit home. thanks!