Things to add on future editions

Here is a few things I've noticed would be nice to see on future editions: (I'll add more as come across different things while working with the program)
1. some type of view cube with the 6 sides different views on it (if this is patented by autodesk)
2. ability for 3D connexion mouse to work with the program
3. option to place forces normal to a surface. I can only figure out how to place forces with X,Y, and Z components. When dealing with a force that needs to go on an angled surface of a tubular part, I can't figure out how to do that because the x and y components of the force are always changing.

There may be ways around all the stuff I am mentioning, if so please let me know otherwise just take them as suggestions.

Comments

• Thanks for the suggestions.

1. I agree it is very nice but low priority. You can use left/right click on the axis triad in the corner to get 6 orthogonal views.

2. Oneday I hope.

3. You can use the "pressure" load instead of force. If you want to specify the total force, rather than force per unit area, I'm not sure it really makes sense for it to be normal to a curved surface. If this is what you want, can you help me understand by what physical thing it's modelling?