Nodal forces

Is it possible to read nodal forces for beam elements. Not reaction forces, but force in node itself? I know it was possible in Ansys, but I can't find it in Mecway.

Comments

• They are Tensile Force, Shear Force V, Shear Force W. Use the Element values instead of the Node values. They're aligned with the element's coordinate system but I'm not sure of the sign convention off hand except that Tensile Force is positive towards the rest of the element.

If you want them in the global coordinate system, you would have to transform them yourself. Or you could connect the elements using constraint equations and use the reaction forces but that would be tedious for more than one or two joints.

• Hey Victor,

Thank you for answer. I got it. One question more though. Is it possible to get reaction forces components for global coordinate system?
  • Yes, the reaction forces are already in the global coordinate system. The components aren't shown in the outline tree but they're in the table.
  • Ok, I see. But where can I find this table?
  • Right click Solution in the outline tree, then choose New table or click the same icon at the far right of the toolbar.

• Thanks. Will take a closer look at options that table can give me.