Nodal force distribution on Mecway

Here an example of correct nodal force distribution over an edge of a plate.
Regards, Andrea

Comments

• Hi Andrea, very interesting information. True is that I don't use almost shell elements, and even less in CCX or Mecway. Why is happening this, is due to the solver or any solver will have the same behaviour?

Thanks in advance
  • It's a global rule. Obviously if the nodes aren't equi spaced doesn't run because is necessary assure rotation equilibrium. In general case the edge must be seeded to obtain equi spaced nodes.
    Same consideration must be performed when a surface load is applied to the nodes of the surface. But, in this case,  Mecway does it automatically

• Just a note in case of overlooking the functionality - You can apply distributed loads to shell edges instead of using node forces like this. First select the nodes, then switch to "Select faces" mode and the edges will be selected, even though they're called faces.
  • edited January 2017
    It runs. There is always something to discover. I thought that was not possible because of the absence of "select edge".

Thanks, I will save time