Mesh convergence

I have compiled a report about mesh convergence for my colleague. I attach it because could be interesting for new FEA users

Comments

• That's a remarkably clear and thorough example of a mesh convergence study. Thanks for posting it. Stress concentrations and mesh convergence are some of the major causes of confusion with FEA and your report shows their significance very nicely.

• Very good report, mesh is very important for analysis, not only the size but also the shape of the elements, I have seen very weird results (false stress concentrations) due to poor shaped elements. In my humild opinion the solvers (CalculiX, Mecway, etc etc) has reached a very well state of art, even meshers like Netgen, but still the free or low cost solutions doesn't have the basic tools to improve the geometry (remove or combine faces or edges) before sending to the mesher, that's the only advantage of major players for normal analysis.

Regards