number of treads with CCX

How many cores can we use when an analysis  is running from Mecway?
I read that we can configure the number of cores in CCX alone when we compile and install the program but I don't know how I can configure it in Mecway. My PC never uses more than 25% CPU cores, 2 cores 

Comments

• I want say Number of cores with CCX
  • 1) Set the environment variable OMP_NUM_THREADS = 8, where 8 is the number of threads you want. It might be best to make that a bit less than the actual number of cores, but I'm not sure. This PC -> Properties -> Advanced system settings -> Environment Variables -> System variables -> New ... [See attached picture]

2) Install a CCX compiled with multithreading, such as the one from bConverged or the _MT.exe one from General Electric.

3) Tell Mecway to use that. Tools -> Options -> CalculiX -> Solver -> Browse... and pick C:\Program Files (x86)\bConverged\CalculiX\bin\ccx.bat or as appropriate for where you installed it.

• Can it run for symmetric stiffness/mass contributions with more than 1 cpu?

Now it can run with 8 cpu for stress calculation and spooles solver but one for symmetric stiffness/mass contributions
  • Add a new environment variable with the number of cores that you want to use:

CCX_NPROC_STIFFNESS = 8
  • :( 

In my PC it doesn't work

too many enviroment variable...

OMP_NUM_THREADS
    CCX_NPROC_EQUATION_SOLVER
    CCX_NPROC_STIFFNESS

• These are the ones that I have setted, all with 8 cores:

CCX_NPROC_STIFFNESS
    NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS
    OMP_NUM_THREADS

And, using the CXX-MT 64 bits solver provided in the Mecway Beta 3, ccx is using 8 cores for stress calculation, stiffness / simetric mass contribution, and factoring with spooles (see attached). 

If you use CCX only, it will use 8 cores for stress and stiffnes calculation, using CCX-MT will do it also for factoring.

• edited April 2017
    I've  NUMBERS_OF_PROCESSORS too

How Mecway with Calculix 2.12 has problems with buckling, I'm using Mecway7 but with bConverged Calculix 2.10

I'm trying to simulate a material with parabolic stress-strain curve, now I don't need buckling, I'm going to run the problem with CCX that is in Mecway instalation

thanks

• Are you using the executable directly or by means of the batch file provided by bConverged? In that case the batch file will set up his own environment variables also, so you should edit it to add the multiple core option.
  • batch file

but now it's running with 2.12 CCX_MT ,  ALL WITH 8 CPUS !!!!!!

:))