Toggle elements as well as nodes in result displays

edited July 2014
I am using Geomagic Design to model parts for analysis and then importing them into Mecway 2.0 as STEP files, a very easy process. This has worked very well and makes it a snap to try different ideas that I have in a short time.

The display graphics are very good but it would be nice to be able to turn the element display off as well as the nodes. I find that there are sections such as threaded regions that are somewhat obscured by the the element representations.

Is there a way of turning element display off when viewing the analysis results?

And while I am asking, is there a way to “expand” the deformation or stress display scale in order to see specific regions while letting values outside the desired range be displayed in gray for example?

This is really a great program, thanks!!!

Comments

• Hello Jim_C

You can turn off the element edges with the button at the top right of the toolbar as shown in the picture.

You can change the range of field values displayed in the contour plot by expanding the branch of the outline tree and right clicking Node values or Element values as appropriate. I know this is quite well hidden.
  • Victor, thanks for the quick reply. I just didn't wait long enough when trying to toggle the element edges. The model had a bit over 87,000 elements and I guess my graphics processor wasn't fast enough and I was impatient! I'll learn one day, I hope.

Changing the field values also works like a charm. It must be in the manual somewhere, guess the saying "when all else fails, read the manual" is true.
  • Don't blame yourself. Software should be usable without a manual. One goal for Mecway is to make a manual redundant but unfortunately that's still a long way off.