Report generator?

edited August 2016
Hi Victor, is possible to add a report generator on Mecway? I'm really tied of doing it in Excel :-), at least for simple tests. Now there is an option to import images to use as template for modeling, and they lay on the model tree, and another menu option to take snapshots. Maybe can be the snapshots automaticly saved in the same fashion way (in the same file folder and in the tree) and then a quick report can be done based in this screenshots, some automatic info from the model (maybe some info from the company taked from the licence, mesh stats, materials, solver definitions...) and voilá, a nice pdf with very few clics.

Regards

Comments

• edited August 2016
    Could you list the information that you want in a report? I'll compile it along with anything else I find to use if/when I add that feature.

So far we have:
    1) "Add screenshot to report" button you just described
    2) Material properties
    3) Mesh stats - means node and element counts and element shapes?
    4) Analysis type
    and from your previous suggestions:
    5) File name
    6) Date
    7) Deformation scale on deformed views
  • You catch the idea. Guess that the most important is to avoid the automatic pictures, I have seen several automatic reporting tools and they are really a bad idea, a wast of time and paper.

From the list that you have made maybe left boundary conditions (maybe is hard or ugly to list if the user didn't use named selections), a custom text related to every picture, and at least two big custom texts, one for the reason of the analysis, and the later with conclusions and remarks to the client or designer to improve the model if it's necessary.

About meshing stats, yes, normally is element types, node and element counts, and average size. More important customers ask you for a set of element quality listed, that I don't have in mind now.

Other items could be company and analyst who made the test (from the licence normally), customer name, customer part name, customer part number, and customer part revision or level. Other important thing is a place to add a unique report number (that the user must track apart).

You need to add on the analysis details (lineal, no lineal, thermal trascient, blah blah...) the solver and version used.

Maybe you can have also a place to add custom data (normally plots that Mecway can't do as for example load deflection or even real pictures of the model), maybe importing pictures the same as for using as template.

Best regards, and thanks for taking in count this feature. Do we have some schedule for the next version????

• Thanks Sergio. If anyone else has suggestions for reports, please add them to this thread.

No schedule for version 6 but I expect it to be mid 2017.
  • can i suggest reports are created in an editable file format like rtf or similar open doc format