Decimation for CCX models

edited July 2016
Hi Victor,

Could it be that the Decimation option on the Analysis Settings is not implemented for CCX calculations? I have tried unsuccefully, so I make a walkaround removing the NODE FILE and EL FILE automaticly generated cards and replace with custom steps contents including FRECUENCY to be able to reduce the size of the results (on a old pc with 4GB ram Mecway couldn't load the 1GB frd file results after finishing the calculus, so I have to look for a way to solve the problem and be able to postprocess)

Would be great to have it working as in the built in solver as well.

Regards!

Comments

• It's not implemented sorry. Since CCX's frequency doesn't quite count steps the same way as Meway's decimation, it can't be mapped directly to it. Maybe it needs another option for frequency.
  • edited July 2016
    Yes, maybe. The trick was usefull, I reduce the size of the results from almost 1GB to less than 200 MB, and keeping the data for the load deflection curve accurate. Were needed 400 increments, have tried with 100 or 200 and cannot achieve the displacement. I will start to use more often with my simulations with too many increments, it makes more easy to postprocess the results on that old hardware.